May 1, 2008

Q #3

The theme of the play "Anne Frank" is that happiness is greater than death. Human's concept of death is very dark and depressing. However, if human die with happiness, human's original concept of death no longer exists. Now the concept of death will be bright. Anne Frank's happiness did not only impact her, but also impacted her companies. Her happiness made her family and friends also happy. Though Anne Frank was executed in the Holocaust, she was happy. Anne Frank's death was a disaster to Anne's family. However, at least her death might not have been a disaster to herself. Perhaps, her happiness covered her death and allowed her to change her concept of death.

4 comments:

Shorty:) said...

I think you described Anne's characeristics well. I could see that Anne makes the family happy even though there are lots of conflicts in her family. But i dont agree that the sadness of death is gone when they are happy when they die. Good blog!!

Justin said...

STeve wow i'm suprised at your sentence structure and how the theme ties up all together and actually makes sense even though your using words over your level. Well I have to say that your theme is quite impressive and I liked the way you connected death with happiness two very distinctive and irrelevant words. I'm not sure what happens with Anne's characteristics in the concentration camp but if she had a happy feeling I would agree with your opinion.

Vincent Bang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vincent Bang said...

I agree wholly with the thesis you have made. It amazed me, to see that you have such understanding of death, and the concept of it. But I am not sure if Anne was changing her concept of death when she faced the fear that they always feared. That they will be caught by the Nazi Police, or the Green police. Actually I am not sure why she smiled and was happy when she met the terrorizers. Who would do that? But Mr. Frank said, "For the past two years we have lived in fear. Now we can live in hope." There was a difference, that I can't understand. How would your react from your deepest fears?